Wenger gives official statement on new signingAll July 27, 2016
|| July 27th 2016 | Per Injury|
Wenger gives official statement on new signing
Last week, Arsene Wenger added another player to our ‘one for the future’ pile, by signing England Under-21 defender Rob Holding from Bolton Wanderers.
Le Boss told the official website that it’s uncommon to find “young and promising” centre backs like Rob Holding in the modern game today. Holding left Bolton to become the our third signing so far in this summer window after Xhaka and Asano, and Wenger claimed he could not turn down the chance to bring in such a hardworking, young talent.
Before setting of on our tour of the US, the manager said: “He’s a young, promising centre back. You don’t find centre backs that often and we can educate them when they’re at that age. We can give them all the ingredients we think are important. Krystian Bielik is developing well now and he can also be used as a central midfielder, so overall it’s an opportunity I wanted to take because that’s a difficult position to find nowadays…”
In light of the BFG’s recent injury blow, we need to go after a new centre back partner for Laurent Koscielny and AW has even said that he’s now in the market for an experienced defender. It’s a shame that the huge price tag would be an obstacle, and that he’s reportedly already in talks with Man City but John Stones from Everton would be an amazing acquisition this summer and would instantly solve our defensive shortcomings ahead of the new season…
27th July 2016 : 13:20pm
|Author: Aje M.
About Us | Contact Us